I am committed to crafting with W O R D S, formulating them at source and coaxing them through twists and turns until arrival, intact, at their destination.
Words have great potential to inform, encourage, and heal; yet they can cause much damage with unintended ambiguity, unacknowledged ignorance, or intentional un-truths.
I craft words, bringing attention across subjects …
- to impart information; spark an idea; cause a shift in perspective;
- to explore a concept, an event, an instance;
- to trans-create in a language different, that is faithful to, yet enhances the original tongue;
- to enhance an author’s creative story or message;
- to establish an action plan or a systematic procedure;
- to review the execution of an event or a project;
- to set in clear and flowing written form, other people’s hastily dictated words.
Words, spoken truthfully, carry weight. Words, set in writing, go the distance, geographically and chronologically, with repeated visual visits until they are embedded in deep corners of memory.
The healing power of words is in bridging understanding and averting discord.
With clarity and empathy, we can choose just-the-right words, string them in just-the-right sequence, and express them in just-the-right tone to arrive as a firm and gentle truth in the reader’s mind and heart.